How To Apply
- Try to have all of the prerequisites for entrance into the University of Kentucky College of Medicine completed by your junior undergraduate year of college.
- Take the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) early in your junior undergraduate year. This will give you enough time to repeat the test should you wish to improve your scores.
Note: We do not accept MCAT scores that are over two years old.
- Try to complete your American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS) Application in June of the year prior to intended matriculation. The earlier you complete this application, the earlier you will be sent a Secondary Application.
Note: All Kentucky residents and selected out-of-state applicants receive Secondary Applications. For more information about screening criteria for out-of-state applicants, please refer to our Admissions Policy.
- Make sure that your letters of recommendation arrive at AMCAS in a timely fashion. Please read this for detailed instructions on this new procedure.
- Send your Secondary Application fee in as early as possible. Most delays occur while waiting for either your $50 application fee or your letters of evaluation.
Please visit the Medical School Admissions Page for full information.